Friday, May 13, 2011

A Quick Update

I'm normal.  Okay, I'm not normal, but my hormones are!  On one hand, I expected that.  I have a regular cycle and I took one of those at home fertility tests.  These two things made it likely that my LH and FSH were good to go.  On the other hand, it would have been nice to have an excuse for my barren oven that could easily be fixed with hormone therapy.

In 10 minutes I leave for my ultrasound appointment.  I'm considering wearing training pants.  I have a peanut bladder as it is.  Filling it with 32 ounces of water and just hanging out for an hour sounds like a bad idea.  It's bad enough that my friends give me a hard time.  I work in a place where I have to inform my co-workers if I go to the bathroom.  So, at least five times a day I have to tell everyone, "I'll be right back.  I have to go potty, again."

So, I'll be right back.  I have to go potty (too bad I can't)!

**Update**

The ultrasound was quick and painless, though uncomfortable at times.  I HATE that I wont know anything until the middle of next week.

A few tips for those embarking on this wonderful adventure:

*Wear your period sunglasses.  It's heart breaking to get an unltrasound because there is no baby.  Just being there and seeing the machine conjures up all kinds of images of happy pregnant women seeing their babies for the first time.  :(

*Also wear grandma panties.  When you get home you're gonna feel like this guy (except the jizz is really ultra sound goo): 

No comments:

Post a Comment